Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Modern Warfare


THE quintessential 80s hardcore record!!! I cannot stress enough how fucking incredible this slab is. Originally released in 1981, this is the second 7" from Long Beach, California's MODERN WARFARE. The opening cut, "Nothing Left," is an ultra dark, evil track entailing some of the weirdest yet catchiest riffage I've ever heard. The dueling guitar tracks intertwine with almost bloodcurdling screams to create one of the most unique sounds in all of 80s hardcore. Side B is really where it's at though. "No Passion" and "Suburban Death Row" are absolutely fucking perfect. I posted the reissue of this a while ago and have since been fortunate enough to snag an original copy, so I figured I'd make a rip for you ungrateful fucks.
Edit: I noticed that Suburban Death Row was fucked up so I took care of it. Re-download this if you already have!!!
#2

No comments:

Post a Comment