Sunday, September 26, 2010

Big L


RAP ON A HARDCORE BLOG?!? I don't really listen to much rap at all, but when I heard "98 Freestyle" by Big L for the first time, I was fucking dumbfounded. This guy really knew what the fuck he was doing and it definitely shows through his songs. A lot of his lyrics utilize some intense humor and focus on day-to-day life in his hometown of Harlem. Unfortunately, he only released one full-length album, Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous, before he was killed in 1999. At the time of his death, he was working on his second full length, The Big Picture, which ended up being released posthumously. Dig it.
Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous
The Big Picture
Live From Amsterdam
A Freestyle History Vol. I & II
Myspace

1 comment:

  1. I've only heard 'Ebonics' which rules. A friend of mine did an Aussie parody of it called 'Boganics'

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQmMh0LBgLQ

    ReplyDelete